OurRev Kansas City endorses candidates, ballot initiatives, and party policies in local, state, and national government. We do so only after thoroughly vetting them and holding an informed discussion and public vote by our membership.
An endorsement from OurRev Kansas City reflects the degree to which the candidate’s policies and practices are consistent with the political program of the organization. Vote “Yes” in this case.
Why did we not endorse in some races? Sometimes neither candidate is consistent with our organization’s goals. We did not list those races below. But if confronted with a choice between OK and worse, we encourage you to support the more progressive alternative. Vote “strategically” in this case.
But not all alternatives are acceptable. An explicit rejection from OurRev Kansas City reflects the degree to which we believe that the policy or candidate would only make matters worse. Vote “No” in this case.
Thank you for helping spread the word about the Better Elections Amendment! Below, you will find social copy, email content, and graphics all available for your use. Please email our Digital team member Mackenzie Altvater, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Here’s how the #BetterElections Amendment works:
- Missouri voters choose any candidate in a combined primary.
- The top four candidates, regardless of party, advance to the general election.
- Voters rank the final four candidates from first choice to last, OR just vote for their first choice.
- And we will vote with the confidence that every ballot will have a paper record, strengthening the integrity of all future Missouri elections!Learn more at www.betterelectionsmo.org
Right now, loud, divisive voices are getting all the attention in nasty campaigns. And too often, we find ourselves holding our noses when it’s time to vote. You deserve better.
The Better Elections amendment will give regular Missourians more choices and more power in our elections.
Do you want
- More CHOICES for the elections that matter most in Missouri?
- More power to HOLD POLITICIANS ACCOUNTABLE if they lose their way?
- Better INTEGRITY in our elections?
- And just plain #BetterElections in Missouri?We’re working to make all that happen with a petition for the 2022 ballot to give regular Missourians more choices and more power. Join us » https://bit.ly/3u9fjue
Missourians deserve better elections. The #BetterElectionsMO Amendment will give regular Missourians more choices and more power in our elections, and you can help by signing our petition to be on the 2022 ballot. Learn more about the campaign » https://betterelectionsmo.org/